Sunday, November 1, 2009

The ABC's of Worship

Linda Dillow talks about the ABC's of worship in her wonderful book Satisfy My Thirsty Soul
At first when I read about this worship "exercise" I thought it was pretty corny - listing God's attributes for each letter of the alphabet - Amazing, awesome, blessed, creator, counselor, comforter, compassionate....you get the idea. But then I started regularly practicing this during my own quiet times, and you know what? It's a pretty amazing experience. It truly helps me to focus my mind on who I am worshipping! And why I am worshipping Him! I find it to be a truly worshipful experience. I stay focused and it sets the tone for my time with the Lord. I find it quiets my mind - especially when I start out with the running list of things to do filling my mind. As I go through the alphabet I am truly astounded by the number of attributes that come to my mind as I worship our King of kings and Lord of lord. He truly is wonderful, powerful, full of kindness and grace and peace. He is the lover of my soul. He offers forgiveness and unconditional love.
I know it sounds corny but give it a try - spend some time with the ABC's of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment