Friday, September 18, 2009

Confidence

I stumbled across this quote in a book I'm reading called Empress find it here:

Heavenlight tells a young friend who is to be Emperor, "Confidence has a long apprenticeship. Like physical strength, it is accrued with experience and exercise."

I love that! My life experience definitely resonates with that idea. Confidence is expensive! It costs me something. For me, it doesn't come naturally.

I can think of many things where this is the case....when I first started leading worship I remember telling the band, "I only sing melody". HA! That didn't last long. Eight years later, and I'm finally feeling really confident about singing both harmony and melody.

May I continue to "exercise" to grow in confidence. And more importantly, may my confidence come from Jesus. Knowing who I am in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment