Thursday, March 25, 2010

More Verses

Here is another verse that I've committed to memory. It hits me between the eyes every time I say it out loud!

1 Cor. 1:8-9 NLT
We think you ought to know, dear brothers and sisters, about the trouble we went through in the province of Asia. We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure and we thought we would never live through it. In fact, we expected to die. But, as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead.


I know my suffering has never been anything like what Paul experienced. But I pray that the little suffering I am experiencing will produce the same outcome that Paul experienced! That I will learn to stop relying on myself - my "wisdom", my ways of doing things, my effort - or lack thereof - and instead rely fully on God who raises the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment